Well we all know I ❤ pinterest! Of course I used it to find a recipe to make for dinner tonight. I wish I was prepped and took pictures because this was AWESOME!! I am very critical of the food I make, so if it didn’t turn out great I would have said so. I also made fried rice again, that wasn’t as great but my guests enjoyed.
Speaking of guests, it was the first time I was cooking dinner for my future mother-in-law and my fiancee! So it was a big deal, and brave of me to try a new dish. . . but I am pretty confident that most of the food I make comes out pretty good. I can’t say the same for my baked goods.
Here’s the recipe (with my modifications)
Sweet and Sour Chicken (original recipe can be found at: http://madeitateitlovedit.blogspot.com/2012/03/sweet-and-sour-chicken.html)
Start by preheating the oven to 350 and put the oil in your skillet.
- 1-1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper ( I added garlic too)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten (this was a little think, I would add water next time)
- 1/3 cup canola oil ( didn’t have any so I used olive, but sesame would have been really good too)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt