It’s official 2 months since the wedding and although it feels like yesterday it also feels like forever! The number one question I get is: How’s married life? Does it feel different?
The answer is: married life is awesome!! I love coming home everyday to someone and knowing that I am someone else’s number one priority. If that makes me sound selfish, oh well! I also love cooking together, eating dinner with someone (i hate eating alone) and just plain having that other person around. I am sure it’s going to get to a point where I need a break, but I am really enjoying this honeymoon phase.
Here’s what’s not going well, the unexpected change in friendships. I know people say things change when you get married, and your life is different. Yes I get that, but I didn’t realize how much that was true. I am sure it’s partly my fault and I need to be better about making an effort but hey (the phone/email/text) it works both ways. Maybe it’s the holiday season and everyone is busy with their own stuff, but I don’t know if that’s really what’s going on. Maybe it’s just my perception and nothing has really changed. But sometimes I do feel left behind or left out. But I will make more an effort and hopefully that will make things better too.
So what’s new with you? I am going to try to update more but besides getting married not much else has happened in my world. So here’s another wedding picture my dears!
Yup that’s right the Never Ever link up again!
Never ever. . .
- will I understand why it’s OK to be rude to people! If you see someone say hi, and if they smile at you, smile back. It’s not that hard people! I feel like it’s harder to be rude!
- will I not enjoy waking up only to realize it’s not time yet, so I can go back to sleep.
- will I love rain drops as I drive to work. It causes major traffic. It’s just a little water people!
- will I want to do what I did on Friday again! It was by far the hardest thing I had to do.
- will I not be thankful for the love and support of my friends and family, and my soon-to-be husband.
It’s been a rough week, and today isn’t going to be great! But instead of complaining I am focusing on the POSITIVE. So by doing this link up I am still giving a high five for Friday!!
1. Dinner from Thursday night. We celebrated a friend’s birthday at Iron Bridge Wine, I had a hamburger and it was AMAZING!! And the fries, not sure what they did, but wow they tasted good.
2. My new love, Chobani Mint Chip Greek yogurt. This may just change your life. Go have some.
3. Wine (well sparking moscato to be exact) and it was AWESOME as well! Also from dinner on Thursday.
4. Cute bear. . . we went to the National zoo on Sunday and he was one of the cute creatures we saw.
5. Water bottle! I broke this out on Monday and have fallen in love with drinking water from it. Usually I don’t like metal water bottles, but this one is just great.
What high fives do you have for Friday?
So linking up again with the Never Ever Ever for Tuesday!
I Never Ever Ever….
- will forget how hard it is to give up a pet. As much as I know it’s the only choice I have (and I love my soon-to-be husband dearly) it’s going to be really hard this weekend when I bring them to the shelter. I have done my research and know it’s a good place for them to go, but of course I wish all of my searching for a new home paid off and someone would have given them a home.
- understand why people don’t drink water! It’s the best thing for you, and it helps with lots of “stuff” for your body. I don’t drink soda (except for the occasional ginger ale) and so my “go-to” drink is always water. It’s weird when I hear people say they don’t like it.
- stop thinking about things “too much”! It’s just my personality. I over think so much, and I get that it doesn’t make things easier. . . thankfully I have a guy that tells me to stop thinking and just let it be.
- live without my iPhone (of course until them come out with something better).
- stop enjoying birthday celebrations! I am happy for my friend that has a birthday this week as I watch all the awesome stuff that her boyfriend is doing. I hope I can “steal” some of her time to celebrate with her too next week.
I once again had an awesome weekend! I was trying to figure our ways to extend it, but since we have the holiday weekend coming up I figured I would just have to deal with a few days of work again before the fun.
Usually my monday motivation is around fitness, today I am going to give you a little something else. My motivation these days is centered around being healthy for the rest of my life so I can spend lots of time with the ones I love! As you all know I am getting married in a few short months. So I dedicated today’s motivation to my new best friend!
Oh and because we all need a little fitness, join me in the July squat challenge!