It’s been a rough week, and today isn’t going to be great! But instead of complaining I am focusing on the POSITIVE. So by doing this link up I am still giving a high five for Friday!!
1. Dinner from Thursday night. We celebrated a friend’s birthday at Iron Bridge Wine, I had a hamburger and it was AMAZING!! And the fries, not sure what they did, but wow they tasted good.
2. My new love, Chobani Mint Chip Greek yogurt. This may just change your life. Go have some.
3. Wine (well sparking moscato to be exact) and it was AWESOME as well! Also from dinner on Thursday.
4. Cute bear. . . we went to the National zoo on Sunday and he was one of the cute creatures we saw.
5. Water bottle! I broke this out on Monday and have fallen in love with drinking water from it. Usually I don’t like metal water bottles, but this one is just great.
What high fives do you have for Friday?
So linking up again with the Never Ever Ever for Tuesday!
I Never Ever Ever….
- will forget how hard it is to give up a pet. As much as I know it’s the only choice I have (and I love my soon-to-be husband dearly) it’s going to be really hard this weekend when I bring them to the shelter. I have done my research and know it’s a good place for them to go, but of course I wish all of my searching for a new home paid off and someone would have given them a home.
- understand why people don’t drink water! It’s the best thing for you, and it helps with lots of “stuff” for your body. I don’t drink soda (except for the occasional ginger ale) and so my “go-to” drink is always water. It’s weird when I hear people say they don’t like it.
- stop thinking about things “too much”! It’s just my personality. I over think so much, and I get that it doesn’t make things easier. . . thankfully I have a guy that tells me to stop thinking and just let it be.
- live without my iPhone (of course until them come out with something better).
- stop enjoying birthday celebrations! I am happy for my friend that has a birthday this week as I watch all the awesome stuff that her boyfriend is doing. I hope I can “steal” some of her time to celebrate with her too next week.
Happy Friday friends! How is everyone doing? We made it safely through the storms (and they weren’t nearly as bad as predicted, and I am OK with that). My week has been a bit of a weird one. Once again my schedule was a bit off, and next week is going to be more the of the same (which means not scheduled).
I love linkups! It gives me structure. It gives me a plan. So today I am linking up with Lauren. I also saw a new linkup for Tuesday, so stay tuned for that!
One thing I noticed for this week is I don’t have nearly enough pictures from my week. So today’s collage is some from online and some I just made today.
1. Pupppies, Puppies, Puppies! Need I say more? The Puppy Cam is up! The Warrior Canine Connection had the newest set of puppies last week, and now we get to watch them grow. You should check them out and donate if you can!
2. Sweet and Sour Chicken: made for dinner on Tuesday night. It was delicious! You can see the recipe from Tuesday.
3. My run/Walk on Wednesday was awesome! Even though it felt like a million degrees that day I did a good pace and it made me happy. I haven’t been running nearly enough lately. So I need to get back on that.
4. Wedding invites: Finally designed and got a proof on Thursday. I am excited about it!
5. Free food for a year! Ok it’s only once a month, but still pretty awesome. And it was all because my dear friend suggested we go to dinner together! We sadly both have so much going on in our lives we don’t see each other nearly as much as we used to.
What awesome things can you share on this Friday about your week?
So it’s a sad day because today is technically the last It’s OK Thursday Link up with A Complete Waste of Makeup and Brunch with Amber. Who knows what I will post then! Maybe I will continue for a little while.
It’s OK. . .
- to be have a really bad run but feel accomplished because at least you got out there.
- to love flower bouquets, but also be tired of the smell. There are lots of lilies, may need to get rid of them to save my allergies.
- that some days you just don’t want to work anymore, and I like my job but wouldn’t it be nice if I didn’t have to work.
- to be excited that it’s 148 days till the wedding.
- to be SUPER excited about my egg muffins that I made for breakfast this week. They are super easy and very tasty, now I need to buy more eggs.
- to really want to see the Great Gatsby in the theater even though it got bad reviews. Any one want to go?
- to love getting a manicure than be super annoyed you WASTED $15 because it chips 2 days later, that’s why I love the gel nails . . . but really $35 people come on!
- to love getting to work early because that means you get to leave earlier to see your man!
- to be annoyed that 6AM is my new standard wake up time, even though my alarm doesn’t go off that time each day.
- to have no idea what to do at 6AM when you don’t have to leave the house till 7:30 and you don’t want to watch TV.
What’s OK with you this week?
Oh and here are the flowers I was referring to:
Yes I said it’s Tulip Tuesday because I have a picture of tulips to share with you!
Aren’t they pretty! I was in Philly this weekend with the boy and we were at the Liberty Bell. Behind the glass is where the bell is located. I remember going as a kid and it was outside. They built a very nice center around it with a whole bunch of history to read about the bell (before you actually get there). We also went to Independence Hall and the Rocky statue this weekend. We had a another amazing dinner at the Palm restaurant and ate Philly cheese steaks at Carmen’s in Reading Terminal.
They were super sweet wherever we went, especially at the Palm. They gave us free champagne so we could toast our engagement! We even did a carriage ride around the streets of Philadelphia, including Society Hill. Although it was day time, and a bit chilly, we had a great time. It was very sweet and romantic of my boy!
What did you do this weekend?