So it’s three days to the big day! I am starting to feel the nerves of it all. Mainly the things I do not have control over. Last night’s dream was that we went to the venue and STILL didn’t have the barrel I got for our gifts. It’s a wine barrel that has a whole cut in it for people to put their cards. Of course if that’s the worst thing to happen we can deal with it!
The weather is also a concern…right now forecast doesn’t look great but I know it’s MD so who knows. It was supposed to be low 40’s and rain on the day of my half marathon in March. It ended up being low 50’s and partly cloudy, we even saw some hints of sun. So really ya just don’t know.
Besides wedding stuff we haven’t done much. Part of me is looking forward to getting my life back, the other part has NO IDEA what I am going to do once I have “time” back in my day. I have spend the last 3 months doing wedding projects. I know for sure I will finally get back to running/gym. I do miss it. I haven’t done any real exercise in a while. Part of me is debating a run on Thursday to relieve some stress, but then I have a fear if twisting an ankle or something!
What’s new on your Tuesday?
I find it amusing that today is H54F and it’s my 5th week linking up with the post! I am linking up with Lauren.
I had some fun playing with the collage today, but it’s kind of small. Hope you don’t mind.
1. Margarita Mondays at Chili’s YUMMY! And it’s sad for me to admit but it’s one of my favorite restaurants. 2. Tiara, yes I am a child and want one! Or maybe just a princess in disguise.
3. Chocolate covered raisins. . . my new obsession from Trader Joe’s!
4. Pretty french manicured nails! I got them done yesterday and love how they look. They are gels too which means they should last a while.
5. Runner Girl – might be hard to see but I promise that’s what it is! I received it as our “medal” for the Zooma 10K. I really like this meddle because it’s something I have actually worn.
So what’s your High Five for Friday?
Happy Friday friends! How is everyone doing? We made it safely through the storms (and they weren’t nearly as bad as predicted, and I am OK with that). My week has been a bit of a weird one. Once again my schedule was a bit off, and next week is going to be more the of the same (which means not scheduled).
I love linkups! It gives me structure. It gives me a plan. So today I am linking up with Lauren. I also saw a new linkup for Tuesday, so stay tuned for that!
One thing I noticed for this week is I don’t have nearly enough pictures from my week. So today’s collage is some from online and some I just made today.
1. Pupppies, Puppies, Puppies! Need I say more? The Puppy Cam is up! The Warrior Canine Connection had the newest set of puppies last week, and now we get to watch them grow. You should check them out and donate if you can!
2. Sweet and Sour Chicken: made for dinner on Tuesday night. It was delicious! You can see the recipe from Tuesday.
3. My run/Walk on Wednesday was awesome! Even though it felt like a million degrees that day I did a good pace and it made me happy. I haven’t been running nearly enough lately. So I need to get back on that.
4. Wedding invites: Finally designed and got a proof on Thursday. I am excited about it!
5. Free food for a year! Ok it’s only once a month, but still pretty awesome. And it was all because my dear friend suggested we go to dinner together! We sadly both have so much going on in our lives we don’t see each other nearly as much as we used to.
What awesome things can you share on this Friday about your week?
Happy Friday folks! We made it through another week. I am happy to report I was fairly unscathed in the process. And here’s the newest H54F post to link up with Lauren!
My week since Saturday . . .
Zooma! Yup you read that right, I did a 10K on Saturday with my forever friend. We had fun, despite the heat. Short Ribs: Dinner on Thursday night at Iron Bridge was delish, so here’s the short ribs I had and of course
Wine: It was a sparkling pinot noir! That’s a new one for me.
Cute Shoes! Need I say more? Bought these at DSW a few weeks ago and finally managed to take them out of the closet. They are a bit tight right now (need to break them in) but so cute with the poka dots and red heel!
Starbucks: I had the $1 Grande Iced Coffee this morning . . . lovely way to start a Friday!
How was your week?
Lately I have been struggling with the whole eating healthy, working out thing. I know my body has felt the difference and I just need to commit to it every day! This past weekend I did a 10K with a friend. We truly were not well prepared because neither of us trained enough. It was hot, humid, hazy . . . typical DC warm weather. We continue to say JUST KEEP GOING! So folks that’s what I need to do in all aspects of my life. I can’t do the same thing every day and expect different results, I can’t eat like the boy, and I certainly can’t slack off on my workouts. So I am recommitting and I am going to KEEP GOING!
One day this will hopefully all just sink in and not be something I have to actively think about but second nature. If you have succeeded in making it second nature how did you do it?