So I made some fantastic food this weekend, but of course I only took pictures of one thing. I had some people over on Sunday and made buffalo chicken dip, bruschetta and then had some cheese and crackers to much on. I also made some cupcakes.
Here’s picture of the bruschette (recipe below):
(bruschetta on crostini)
We had a great time drinking wine, eating, a laughing, and of course looking at cute Thirty One Gifts Products. I even managed to sell a bunch of stuff…if you are interested click the link to check it out.
Tonight I had some leftover chicken so I decided to make buffalo chicken pizza. It was AMAZING!!! Why have I not done this before? It was so good. Here’s a pic too:
- 4 tomatoes (diced, clean out the seeds)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/4 red onion (diced)
- 12 pieces of basil
- 1 clove garlic (diced)
Cut everything up, toss it all together and you are done. Yes it’s that easy. It does take some time because you are cutting everything. Especially the tomatoes because you had to make sure not to get the seeds in either.
Buffalo chicken pizza
- buffalo sauce (i used Frank’s Red Hot)
- shredded chicken
- cheese (i used a mix of Colby & cheddar)
- pizza crust (i used a mini boboli)
I didn’t have a formal measuring method, so I just used whatever looked good. I first added the buffalo sauce to the pizza crust. Next added the cheese. I patted it all down and cooked for 11 minutes at 450 then 2 minutes on Hi Broil. It was so good!!
Any recipes you would like?
I was inspired by a friend to write about the fall. With the hint of Fall this morning, I was thinking about it getting colder and I am not sure yet how I feel about that! There are plenty of things I love about fall, yet I am not quite ready for summer to end since I haven’t made it to the beach all summer. Although I am beginning to think perhaps that’s not in the cards this year, the night time visit (from Long Island) was quite worth it and may have to be enough!
I really enjoy fall, however I don’t really like winter, which comes after fall. I go into hibernation mode once the winter comes and I venture out only when necessary. I find excuses to stay home as often as possible. Of course I still have to head to work and stuff but the fun factor takes a dive come the winter.
Things I do love about fall are:
- Fall shopping means outlet shopping . . . and well that’s my favorite kind! I usually head down to Rehoboth Beach outlets with my friend. We make a day of it, and make sure to stop at Sonic at some point during our trip since there are really none in the immediate area.
- Fall also means lots of activities . . . I feel kind of weird because although August has been busy, but fall is looking to be even busier! I have lots of concerts planned, lots of parties planned, lots of Thirty-One events planned, and most importantly some travel planned! I may even make it to two of my favorite places, Disney and Hershey Spa.
- In addition, Fall means bringing out comfy sweaters and cute boots, like my new cowboy boots! Which I am excited to rock this fall.
- I also love the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, which apparently according to a friend comes out Sept 6, so I know where I’ll be that morning 🙂
- The lack of humidity is also a great thing about fall since it allows for my hair to behave and the ability to exercise without getting completely gross after only a few minutes.
- One last thing I LOVE about fall is pumpkin picking, although it’s always a challenge to find someone to go with me. Especially since I take forever to find a pumpkin, many of my friends won’t go with me.
What do you love about Fall? What exciting things are you looking forward to?
That can mean so many things . . . but today I share with you new bedding! Remember last weekend I talk about purchasing a new bed set. Well this weekend I finally decided to move some things out of the bedroom, sorta move things around and then put on the new bed set. Take a look at the pretty new set!!
Of course if you go back to the previous post about the bed set, you remember that room looked much more sophisticated than mine, but I like mine better!
This morning I went to Thirty-One event and saw more of the new fall line. Plus I met some new women! It was a great way to spend a saturday morning, just wish it had started a little later.
For dinner tonight I went to my favorite sushi place Sake!!! Now I am home for a relaxing quiet evening since my week was so busy once again! I need to make my to-do list for tomorrow and get cracking early in the AM.
How did you enjoy your weekend? Do anything fun?
I know many of you out there work from home everyday, and honestly I just don’t know how you do it! Am I being more productive than if I was in the office, probably since I have no interruptions, but guess what I am bored! Yes I am getting a lot done, but I miss being in the office. What I don’t miss is the commute! If I could beam myself to the office every day that would just be perfect right?
But alas here sit hard at work . . . waiting not so patiently for a package from Fed Ex to be delivered. I ordered a new purse from my Thirty-One site. Its the organizing shoulder bag (you can find the image on page 43 of the catalog).
Of course since I am sitting from the comfort of my home I got to eat a hot breakfast and sip my coffee as I worked in a favorite mug. Most mornings I am far to lazy to sit and each breakfast at home, I typically pack it up and eat in the car or the office. I also got to have a hot lunch, I chose leftover lasagna from the freezer.
Ok back to working on performance review editing! Oh what fun 🙂
What do you like about working from home? How do you deal with boredom?
Persistence . . . Perseverance . . . Patience
Say it with with me now! Oh these three words are the mantra of my life these days. And folks that’s about all I have in me tonight, but stay tuned. I am thinking of some fun things to blog about soon.
- Like me new business venture (check out Thirty-One Gifts, to see what it’s all about).
- Or my working out at Curves (some days makes me feel great, others just annoyed)
- Or my interesting predicaments in a few areas of my personal life (well that one could get ugly, so I guess we should hold off on this one).
- Or my need for the BEACH and my lack of getting there any time soon!
- Or my lack and now need to try a few new restaurants in the Baltimore/Columbia area (suggestions?)
What are you being persistent about? Having to persevere through? Have patience with?